In order to strengthen the social and political stability, the interdenominational accord in the society, observance of universally recognized standards of human rights and freedoms in these areas:
1. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine shall:
1) develop and approve, with the participation of yhe scientific institutions, public organizations of national minorities, till November 1, 2005, the state program to strengthen the international peace and concord in Ukraine and prevent ethnic, religious conflicts, providing, in particular, the specific measures for strengthening of the ideas of interdenominational harmony and tolerance in relations between people of different nationalities and faiths, support national cultural traditions, make the necessary changes in the curriculums and plans and conduction of the relevant scientific research;
2) provide preparations and hold events in 2006, dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Babyn Yar tragedy, the formation of an appropriate organising committee with the participation of representatives of NGOs, approve the plan of events and funding for its implementation;
3) to consider the question, till October 15, 2005, concerning the establishment in the fixed order of the National Historical Memorial Preserve "Babyn Yar";
4) take immediate measures to restore the activity of the interdepartmental commission, provided by the Decree of the President of Ukraine of March 21, 2002 № 279 "On urgent measures for the final overcoming of the negative consequences of the former USSR totalitarian policy concerning religion and restoration of violated rights of churches and religious organizations".
2. State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine shall provide coverage of measures of the Decree implementation in mass media.
President of Ukraine
September 23, 2005